I see you've stumbled upon my domain...Welcome to No Man's Land, my new friend.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
"It's Been Some Week, I'll Tell Ya"
Well, it appears as though I've submitted myself into the arms of the millions who spend their time online blogging to people who have no lives...Sounds like my kind of game. My attempts at having a life have shown to be only continues failures, so why even worry, eh? Anyways, this is my first blog post. Pretty exciting, eh? I know my dedicated fans will no doubt be scouring this page every few minutes for updates. Well...you're probably going to end up being disappointed. Odds are that I'm going to start this blog, and then not update it anymore months down the road. I hope you'd expect this from me by now, and I thought I'd know myself well enough to not even bother starting this thing in the first place, but my boredom seems to be blinding my senses, as it always seems to do.
Anyhoo...
This was the first day of Christmas break for me. I'm off until the 3rd of January, and I plan on spending my time well. Lets see...what was I planning on doing over the course of my break? Hanging out with the fellas, obviously...Working on my hand-drawn animation "Whisked" for my digital media class. That's gonna be one hell of a hit, I can already tell. It'll take forever and a weekend to finish, but it'll be a hit, for sure...Oh yeah, and that Christmas thing too. That'll be nice, I'm sure. That reminds me, I should probably be wrapping Christmas gifts instead of blogging...Naaaaaaaaaaaah.
Well, I suppose I could tell you all about my week. It wasn't pretty, I'll tell ya.
Monday...there wasn't any school, so that was actually kind of a refreshing day for me. Just sat at home. I think I wrote a song too...The days start to blend when you get to be my age. Everything moves so fast, it's ridiculous.
Tuesday...school was closed again, due to the extended weather. I do say, Winter is one of my favorite seasons. Such a beautiful time of the year. That, and it seems to bring out the true nature in everyone, I'll tell ya. But yes, my best man-friend Damien's best lady-friend Cheyenne's birthday was that day, and we celebrated by watching Inception and by singing terrible acoustic songs the likes of which took me 5 seconds to manifest. Riveting stuff. That reminds me, I owe Damien a $20-spot. Oh well, the bugger owes me his soul anyways, he can wait. After the party, went over to my friend Chelsey's house to rehearse the Nightmare Before Christmas play that was to be done for the local Girl Scouts on Friday. More on that later.
Wednesday...class finally resumed. The four day weekend was over, and everybody was extra grouchy, because they didn't get another day off. What do they expect though, it's YALE. We have a reputation for being the most stubborn when it comes to staying open. 5 feet of snow; every school in the county, and every other surrounding county is closed, but Yale stays open. Dedicated bunch of people, I'll tell ya. Anyways, Wednesday was hectic, due to the insane amount of work that I had to make up for, seeing as how school was canceled Monday and Tuesday, and Christmas break was coming up fast. Lots and lots of homework, that's about all I can say for the rest of that day.
Thursday...Everything was really starting to crack down. Being the insane overlord (president) of our school's art club, I was trying to get the last of the Christmas bulb orders out to everyone who sold them. In case you (yes, you) were wondering, the art club decided to start a fundraiser for the club, and make some money for our field trip by selling personalized Christmas bulbs for the holidays. I'll tell ya, it was a good income for us, but man, I can't even begin to describe how busy I got with those. It wasn't fun, that's for sure. After school, I went back to Chelsey's house for one last rehearsal for the Nightmare Before Christmas play...I'm getting to it, I'm getting to it!
Friday...The home stretch to the dreadfully slow couple of weeks I'd been enduring. This day felt like no other. At the beginning of the day, I was a little stressed trying to get the last of the bulbs organized and sent out, but it all pulled together, and everyone was happy as could be, including me, which is really all that matters, no? The rest of the day was a breeze, seeing as how it was "Benevolence Day." You see, every year around the holidays we do a school-wide fundraiser called Koins For Kids, where all the students bring in money to support local food banks and all that nonsense. It's a pretty nice thing they've got going, and I donated about $30 myself. My change bottle was starting to get pretty full, but that put a nice little dent in it. I'm sure the kids appreciate it. As I was saying, as a "thank you" to all the students for raising money, we get "Benevolence Day." On this day, we get the last two hours of the school day to sign up in any classroom we want, and basically do whatever we want! Some classrooms have special events that go on, but I always stick with the art room. That's where the party's at, every year. More on that in a bit. Anyways, French class was great, because we had "Crepe Day" where we all made crepes (thin little french pancakes that you fill with all kinds of delicious stuff, and wrap up like a burrito) and gobbled them down, like greedy frenchmen. It was pretty cool, I'll tell ya. Then the last few hours of the day were quite a blast. My other man-friend Charles brought in his Nintendo Wii, and we all played Just Dance like no other. I also blared my awful acoustic guitar playing skills to all of those who were able to withstand it. My other, other man-friend Stephen was there to entertain, however, for his acoustic skills are far more superior than mine. Chords man, I hate em. I think I know why I chose bass as my primary instrument...Anyways, after school was pretty hectic. We started setting up for the Nightmare Before Christmas play immediately afterwards, and I'll tell ya...the sets were pretty legit! After the set up, I drove home, ate, picked up Charles from his bowling club meeting, drove back to the school, got all "Jacked up" (did I mention I was Jack? Yeah, it was pretty awesome) and we put on a halfway-decent production, considering how 95% of the crew had no experience whatsoever. I'd get into further detail, but I might spill some inner feelings that even myself I don't understand. Lemme just say, girls man...Later that night, I was supposed to go see the midnight premiere of Tron: Legacy with the cooks at work, but I got no response after trying to get in contact with them all day, so I decided to just laze around at home. I was actually quite tired after all the stress I'd been under the past few days, so I fell asleep pretty quickly. That's it. Yeah.
Saturday (today, for the slow of thought)...Woke up, cut firewood with the dad-person, then went out searching for a Christmas tree on our property. Yeah, it's pretty awesome, cuz my dad used to raise Christmas trees, and our entire 40-acre property is loaded with them, so we get free pickin's every year. It's pretty wicked, I'll tell ya. The not-so-wicked part, however, was that my shoes had holes in them, and I was treading through shin-deep snow for about an hour. My heels were pretty much frozen after that. Took me a long time to warm them back up. Almost couldn't even feel them at first. Anyways, we got the tree, and it's now laying on our front porch. We'll have it set up in the next few days, I'm sure. Other than that, I sat at home and messed around on the computer. And now...here I am. Pretty riveting week, eh?
Well, that's all I've got to say to you blog dwellers out there. For now, anyways. I hope my first blog held your interest, to some extent, anyways. Lets see how long I can commit myself to this, eh? Have a good one all. Much love <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Let me tell you take a shot every time you say "let me tell you" and you'll be drunk by the 2nd paragraph
ReplyDelete