![]() | |
| Surprisingly, I'm not the one with my middle finger up. |
So prom was Saturday night, and I'll tell ya, it was pretty flippin' nice. I didn't go last year, cuz I figured I'd just save the memories for my senior prom night; not to mention I lacked a date anyways. I definitely partied it up this time. Unbeknownst to most people, I absolutely love singing and dancing, ESPECIALLY at school functioned dances. I'm normally a pretty quiet kid who keeps to himself during class, but everybody's expectations of me get blown away when I start busting a move. I didn't pull out any stops that night either. I let em' rip, and I definitely had an amazing night with the gang.
The whole "me having a date to prom" thing didn't end up working out, but agreements were made, and everything is peachy now. We're still good friends, and no bridges were burned, so I'd say I'm fine with how it all turned out. We had our own little dance together, even though we didn't go together. It was nice, but apparently I'm too tall (sorry about that; you know who you are). After that, the night was pretty much mine, and mine alone. Not having a date worked out just fine. Plus, since I wasn't going with anyone, I got to mack on chicks all night. Got my swag on and everything...I'm such a pig.
Overall, it was an awesome experience, and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. The DJ was pumpin', the company was fantastic, the food was delicious, and everybody looked like a rockstar. Could it possibly get any better? I asked myself that very same question, and then decided it could. Immediately following prom, my friends and I drove over to Denny's and had a nice, after dance dinner, where I enjoyed one of the sloppiest burgers I've ever eaten. It was delicious, but you couldn't have held that thing together with industrial strength glue. My buddy Damien was there, but he was taking the picture for us. Plus, he was naked. Or at least I imagined him that way. I'm sure 20 years from now he'll want to be remembered that way.
Now, I sit silently in my room, strumming my guitar, drinking out of a 2-liter of Ruby Red Squirt, not giving a good goddamn. Thanks for the read, ya'll. Time to get shirtless.

Nice post! I'm pretty freaking glad to have hung out with you at prom! Not to mention, of course, Denny's...hahaha
ReplyDeleteThis post was pretty epic. I enjoyed reading it. Kept me entertained...
ReplyDelete:D
I'm glad you had a fun time!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Prom was AWESOME!!!!
ReplyDeleteIts great that you adn *un-named person* are still friends even after what *Ditchee* did to you.
Thanks for the rides to and from Denny's. *hugs* perhaps this one isn't awkward?
And He would want to be remembered as being naked 20 years from now, but that image is BURNED into my brain...