Friday, April 29, 2011

lolbump

Just a little bump blog I thought I'd throw in. Just a small update, compared to my usual walls of text (I'm sorry).

Entered an online poetry contest to see if I could win a $500 savings bond, and I'm not gonna lie. I'm feeling pretty confident in my ability to win. And yeah, that's right.

I LIKE POETRY BECAUSE I'M A FAG LIKE THAT...

Ahem...Here's the poem:

~I Dream In Pixels Sometimes~

Under the pressure of a concrete society
The blips and bleeps slip through the cracks
The point of becoming one with a pixel
And the pixel knows only the postulation it lacks
*
The nymphs of nostalgia awaken my senses
Canopies of circuits shell shock my systems
I walk down the serenity of a chip-tune lane
I feel the pulses and see the rhythms
*
In visions I see them and in the night I embrace
The symphonic joy of 8-bit wonder
The pixels fall from the sky like meteors from space
The visions that dance in my eyes are rivaled by no other
*
I have seen the moon, and felt the light of the stars
All huddled under a simulated skyline
I need only to reach up with open palms
And this formulated fantasy can be mine
*
And I still hear it to this day
The beeps of that chip-tune chime
A modulated melody like no other
I dream in pixels sometimes
 ***
 
I hope you guys liked it, cuz I spent a good amount of time brewing over the words and the flow of it. I've always had a thing for poetry; a knack even. If I had the time I'd write it more often, but I'm usually bogged down with my other hobbies. Then again, I guess songwriting is technically a form of poetry in itself. In that case, I do it all the time. Y'know, cuz I'm into that sort of thing.
 
In other news, prom tomorrow. No date, but hey, I'm gonna tear it up with my pals. Plus I don't have to worry about my date looking better than me! I'm feeling smooth, for sure.
Yeah, that's it for now. Still no footage of my talent show performance yet, but I'll get it up when I get it in. Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Kudos on your poetry. I'm no poet, I'm more of a painter...

    Haha my school's prom is April 30th too... go figure :)

    ReplyDelete