Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You Infect Me, You Infect Me

He's upset because someone stole his cookies. I'd be pissed too.

Evening, everyone. It's exactly...Yikes, it's 9:11. That's creepy as hell. I always find myself looking at the clock right at that time, it seems. Maybe it's a sign? Maybe I was secretly born in a terrorist facility where they implanted schematics and future plans of terror attacks into my brain, and shipped me over to the U.S. to grow up like a normal American boy, until the day came that I would reign down fire and brimstone on my so called "brothers in arms" and allow the foundation of the American government to topple like a house of cards...Nah, I'm too bat-shit for them to risk something like that.

Anyways, back to the topic(s) at hand...

I'm pretty sure I've got a sinus infection going on, which is angering me beyond belief. For the past month I've been having trouble swallowing, my nose has been stuffed up beyond belief, and I've been coughing up nasty balls of green phlegm several times a day, it seems. I know, I'm a disgusting person. It started off as a cold, and I really hoped it was going to get better, but it didn't. It ran through the talent show, prom, and it looks like at this rate I'm going to be sick up through graduation day too. Awesome. I should be going in to get checked out by a doctor pretty soon, hopefully, so I can finally kill this infection off. I'm not usually one to resort to antibiotics, but I'm really just sick of being sick.

Speaking of graduation, that's coming up mighty fast. I've got the rest of this week, and exams (all of which, might I add, I'm exempting out of. Score!) the following week, followed by marching practice the last two days, and then I'm all done. I'll never have to walk through the halls of Yale ever again. Will I? Probably. In all honesty, I enjoyed my time there, and I don't think I would be the person I am today if I wasn't raised in that school, and around all the kids that have known me since I was 5 years old. So I'll definitely be popping back in in the near future to visit some of my underclassmen friends, and teachers. It's really bittersweet, because as much as I hated the majority of the kids I went to school with, I'll still miss them in a way. I'll stop ranting about that for now, seeing as how once I'm all graduated, I'll probably end up repeating myself again and again.

For one of my last projects in English, I've got to make my own children's book that has a distinct theme with some sort of moral lesson. It's supposed to reflect the lessons and themes we learned about from reading "Animal Farm," and this project is basically supposed to wrap up the unit for us. I, for once, am actually looking forward to this project. That cute little guy up top is going to be in it, along with two other characters that were on the page that I didn't picture. Their names are "Dawn" "Dusk" and "Twilight." The basis of the story is that Dusk always bullies Dawn, but has a hard time breaking Twilight from his silence. He plots to steal Twilight's balloon, of which he carries around with him constantly, and ends up popping it with his mischievous presence. Little does Dusk know that the balloon is the light of the world, and when he pops it, everything shrouds itself in darkness, leaving the little monster blind and alone. There is a bit more, but I don't want to explain the whole thing. I'll probably end up posting it online somewhere so you can check it out for yourselves later. Overall, it should be a fun little project, and it'll definitely give my imagination some room to roam around.

Another end of the year project that I'm currently working on is the full-length superhero movie that me and the rest of the digital media gang are putting together. I'm behind a majority of the script writing, but I've gotten a good bundle of awesome ideas and pitches from the other students, and I can't wait to continue filming the rest of this epic home movie. The movie is currently titled "Super-Proof" and is based around the lives of a group of low-rent superheroes who just want to have their stories told, and end up getting involved in the business of a mob-boss, who they all have to team up against and take out. My superhero's name is "Citizen Orange" who, appropriately enough, fights crime with a fist full of Vitamin C, and beats the pulp out of evildoers everywhere. Here's a pic:

Justice has a new name, and he's ready to unleash some fresh-squeezed fury on some bad guys.
The entire kick of the movie for me is all the bad orange puns. Makes the whole experience worth-while. Anyways, more on that project in due time.

Can't think of much else to talk about, other than my daily activities of playing guitar and doodling. I guess I'll leave it at that for today. Have a great night, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Did Mango Man become Captain Orange? Awesome!!! More room for punniness.

    I'm gonna miss you guys...and French class is going to suck without seniors! Will you just come back for that hour each day? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMIGOD... Drew? Really?

    But seriously... You defs should come visit us... even though SOME of us... *cough cough gabby* Sorry I had something in my throat, aren't underclassman. And you thought Drew wasn't either for the longest time... just saying...

    Hope you're feeling better soon, though I could hardly tell you weren't feeling the best...

    I'm gonna miss you guys

    ReplyDelete