How does an individual like myself cope with the everyday adversities of life? Simple. I drown them in soda. Particularly, Vanilla Coke. I'm not as heavy of a pop drinker as I was several years ago, but I do love a good soda, especially on nights like this one. Heck, I like soda pop so much, I wrote a song about it once. That's right, I don't mess around when it comes to my favorite carbonated beverages. The beautiful thing about soda is that there's so many different brands and tastes to pick from. You can drink it pretty much however you want it. Orange, lemon-Lime, root beer, rockin' rye, grape...They've got about a million variations on just regular coke flavors too...Cherry, vanilla...you name it. I suppose this is common knowledge to everyone, but man. I just can't get over the fact that soda is easily one of the greatest things mankind has ever bestowed upon itself. I want to go back in time and high five the man responsible for inventing carbonated soda. Twice.
In recent news, I've been trying to work on my fashion sense more, and I've come to the conclusion that I look slick in button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up. Combined with a matching color tie, I'm a drop-dead, sexy stud.
Speaking of looking slick, I also had my tux for prom fitted, selected, and ordered this weekend. I chose a dark grey 2-button "Joe" vest, with a white shirt and black tie. The color of the shirt may be subject to change depending on...an interested party. More on that in time. Anyways, along with the tux, I'm planning on switching out the shoes with a nice pair of black, high top Converse All-Stars I bought. I figure I'm going to be dancing quite a lot when I'm at prom, and I want to be as comfortable as possible, so why not? I just hope there's no strict policy against wearing them. I would hope not, I mean. What are they, a bunch of squares? (Probably.)
Now, for my minor bits post, where I quickly sum up a few snippets of news that I think you should know, and don't really want to elaborate on:
- Saw "Insidious" last Sunday. Not bad, even as a horror film. The first half of the movie builds up the second half to an unbelievable degree, which leaves you a little disappointed in it's outcome, but other than that, I thought it was a pretty well put together film, and wouldn't mind seeing it again.
- I'm going to be involved in one last Drama Club production this upcoming Thursday; a short, 20-30 minute skit entitled "Twelve Angry Men." It involves a jury of 12 men who must decide on the verdict of a kid who's accused of murdering his father. It should definitely be a sight to see, and I'll certainly be upset when it's over, because then I'll never get to work with my drama club pals again. Kind of a bummer, really.
- Following "Twelve Angry Men", I'll also be performing at the Talent Show that Thursday as well. I'll be playing guitar, and singing the lyrics to "We're Going To Be Friends" by The White Stripes. I'm pretty confident the crowd will enjoy it; Or at least my loyal die-hard fans will. You guys know who you are.
- Gas prices are way too damn high.
Well, that's all the blog I've got in me for the night. Expect another update from me around Thursday. Have a good night everybody! Much love.

Ahhh, the joys of soda-pop...makes me wanna build a rocket, or something like that.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it doesn't matter what you wear, you're still gonna be a drop-dead sexy stud, haha.
Darn you, Tanner, why must we keep waiting to hear about the interested party??
That was weird...my capatcha was "TheRight"...
Interested party, huh? I think we're going shopping Tuesday so if you like I'll send you a pic of the one said party chooses. And I agree about the converse. I would wear mine but my dress would drag ALLL over the nasty floor. So instead i'm wearing, oh I'd guess about 5" heels.
ReplyDeleteOHMYF'INGOD!!!!!!! I now wanna cry... that will be your last performance with us.... :'(
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Boyd's...
ReplyDeleteI like soda, but I haven't drank any in a while... Unless you count Perrier...