Saturday, January 22, 2011

musicmusicmusicmusicmusicmusicmusicmusic

Today was the epitome of awesomeness. Wait, no. This day sort of took the backseat to the epitome of awesomeness. Almost made shotgun, but ended up being the third wheel anyway. The third wheel is still pretty impressive, however, seeing as how it's still not the 4th wheel, or even the spare tire. I'm getting off track here. Off-road, rather.

The point I'm trying to make here is that today was pretty sexy.

After awaking from my deep slumber, I proceeded to kick ass. I fully cleaned my room, went downstairs, did the dishes, shook out the rugs, and then proceeded to vacuum the entire second floor of my house. The carpet in my room had been taken over by heaping mounds of cat hair, built up over the course of time. Needless to say, it needed a good vacuuming. I sucked it all up with the vacuum tube, and -I can't say for sure- but I'm pretty sure I took on the form of Bill Murray, doing some old school Ghostbusting, but instead of sucking up ghosts, I was sucking up cat hair...Yeah.

Now, it's odd for me to do this sort of extensive cleaning on a normal day. But as I already said, today was no normal day. Today was the backseat of the epitome of awesomeness. Why's that? Cuz I had been expecting some pretty honored guests. My two white friends Stephen and Josh, and of course, the illustrious Drew Morgan. The four of us had quite an awesome day playing music, filming, and just getting our swag on. Stephen and Josh were over, mainly because Steph needed to film some stuff for his digital media class. He was filming some scenes for his "Melodic Melodies" movie, which included me wearing a ski mask, and pretending the slim jim I had in my mouth was actually a cigar. Oh yeah, I got shot up in a bathtub with no water either. It made perfect sense.

Josh was sort of the odd man out when we started playing music, seeing as how he was the only one out of the group who didn't know how to play an instrument, but he enjoyed watching the 3 of us do our thang. I did a small performance of my newest song, "Seasons Do Change." I actually wrote it last night at work while I was waiting for my pay at the end of the night. It isn't a masterpiece, obviously, but it's a nice little 2 minute song. I'm just glad the whole song-writing thing is coming much easier to me.

I'll wrap up the rest of the night real quick here: Drew and the others were all gone by 6, I had dinner (kebabs, yo!), and basically locked myself in my room for the rest of the night with the electric guitar I'm currently borrowing from my niece. It's a real nice Fender Squire that's been mostly neglected by her owner. She barely played it, and hasn't for a very long time now, so I offered to purchase it from her. She says she'll sell it to me for $125, including the case, stand, cord, and portable amp. Considering the condition of the guitar and how nice it sounds, that's a steal. Not to mention the mini-amp comes with a really nice distortion button. I'll definitely be taking her up on that offer. Other than that, I loaded a few new CDs onto my iPod that I borrowed from my buddy Damien ("4x4=12" by deadmau5, and "The Preview" by Chiddy Bang. I also snagged "In Between Dreams" by Jack Johnson from Stephen while he was at my house. Music score!) Basically, I've just been up here in my room for hours now, playing the electric and working on riffs. Made up a pretty good one, and also picked out how to play "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand by ear! Didn't even need tabs! I'm just that good. To be honest, the song is incredibly easy to play once you locate all the appropriate frets. It's been a music sort of day.

That about rounds off everything. I'll be retiring to my futon shortly, seeing as how I've got to work a double shift tomorrow. Oh well, it's bread on the table. Or bacon. Yes, I do believe I like bacon better. Either way, I hope you all had as wonderful of a Saturday as I did. Tanner Simmons, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment