Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Blog? I Actually Have One Of Those Things?


[insert witty image here]
(What am I, a miracle worker?)

Hello, friends. Sorry for my absence, but I was too busy avoiding you to say anything this past week. You see, school has recently started back up, and I think I've got to do better managing my time. Thus forth, my posts shall be more infrequent then they've been so far. No more day, after day, after day posts. That's way too taxing on my daily life, and on my image. Honestly, doing a blog does numbers on your body. Especially for the facial hair. I swear, my luscious dirt-stache is never going to grow back at this rate. Oh well, at least my face isn't chubby like it used to be. Otherwise, I'd look a bit like a beluga whale...A sexually attractive beluga whale, but a beluga whale all the same.

All that beside, I'd like to apologize by saying I'm not going to do the big blow-out music/video-game/movie blog of the year that I promised you. To be frank, it would take too long, and I don't have the patience for it, especially when I have so few people watching this blog in the first place. Honestly, you ask for a phoenix, but you offer me birdseed. Birdseed, I tell you! ...You guys are lucky I'm such a nice guy, or I'd be reluctant to even type text into this god-forsaken box. You have friends don't you? Tell em' to hop on the band-wagon! I could always use more web fodder. If I get enough people following me, who knows what I'll do? I might do something special for you. Might.

So let's get to the blogging, shall we? Oh there's just so much to cover...

First off, I'd like to complain some more. I know, big shocker, right? You know you guys are my vents, right? I hope you don't mind. The Internet seemed like the best way to channel all of my teen angst into something constructive. Heck, you're all entertained, right? Otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back...right? Anyhoo, back to what I was saying. MATH. 

It's more frustrating than tunneling through a prison wall with nothing but an ink pen and a spoon, only to find out the prison has layered walls. That, and you've tunneled under the nesting ground of a rabid pack of hyenas. Balls, right? Well that's how I feel about my math class. I'm in Core Algebra IIB, which is the second lowest level of math you can take your senior year, and I'm struggling with it. God forbid I ever found myself in Fundamental. Ugh. So many tools...Anyhow, I'm having a hard time nailing the current lesson into my brain. In fact, I've been having a hard time with it this entire year. I managed to snag a B the first marking period. Lord knows how I managed that one, but the ridiculous part is that it's not so much that I can't understand it. That would be a breeze...if only I could keep my friggin' eyes open in that class. I zonk out like no other in that class. Our teacher just happens to lecture on...and on...and on...I don't even know why I fall asleep like I do, because he's not a particularly boring teacher, but he'll start teaching, and it's like someone keeps tying 50 tons weights to my eye lids. I can't stay awake. It's horrible to the point where I'm making it a daily goal to stay awake in his class. If I can stay awake in his class, it's like a godsend. But, 99% of the time, I'm out cold. At least I'm not the worst. Some kids are worse than me, and some of them even manage to stay awake during the lessons. Poor suckers.

Well hopefully someday, in the frozen depths of hell I'll be able to understand my algebra, and it's purpose. I'll tell you what it's done for me so far: Nada. I'm pretty sure it's not going to change either. Oh well, I'll be out of there before long. We'll see how things pan out for me soon enough.


On a lighter note, I've gained another music sharing buddy! Ah...music sharing buddies. They truly are the best of friends. They'll never give you crappy music, that's for sure. My music buddy just happens to be my buddy Drew who's gained some notoriety on my previous blogs. A while back I burned him a copy of my Operation Ivy CD, and he asked me how he could return the favor by copying some music for me. I pondered, even wondering if there were any bands I wanted music for. Then it hit me: Drew was a major Weezer guy; a band whom I've liked for some time, but never bought any music of theirs. I asked him about some Weezer CD's, and he said he would hook me up.


I didn't get hooked up folks. I hit the "jackpot." He burned me FIVE Weezer CD's. Words cannot describe the happiness that flooded my body after receiving such awesomeness. I thought the plastic bag he wrapped the discs in would explode from the level of raw awesomeness emanating from inside it. He went all out folks. Never count on Drew Morgan to let you down, cuz he won't! If anything, he'll shatter your expectations to tiny bits, and then blow them back into your face with a crunchy bass line. No joke, this guy rocks. Anyhoo, I'll be giving him copies of my two BAMF! CDs, as well as any other bands he wishes to have copies of. We are officially music-sharing dynamos. Do not eff with us.


In other news, I've written another song, titled "Soda-Pop Rocket!" I have yet to make a respectable recording of it. Even a decent acoustic track of it is a stretch. You see, the microphone for my laptop is proving more and more to be a piece of junk, and the recording quality is lessening. My iPod, amazingly enough, makes fairly clear, quality recordings. All I have to do is plug in my headphones, and they seem to pick up the sound pretty well. The song itself is brilliant, I must say, but my guitar playing skills don't compliment it at all. I definitely think bass is going to stay my instrument of choice, for sure. Chords are nice, but there's nothing like a delicious, grungy bass line to get my groove thing in motion.


To close this blog, I'd like to make a point by sticking my finger up my nose. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment