Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm The Biggest Whore Around, And Music's My Pimp

This is how I felt when I realized my pretzels weren't salted at lunch.

Evening time, as usual. I suppose that makes me one of those nocturnal bloggers, hm? Eh, I digress...

So I discovered the most beautiful thing ever nary a week ago. I discovered that I have vast hoards of troves of music at my disposal, and that I may listen to it whenever I command it. It's a simple little thing called the St. Clair County Library System. I've never been the library type, but I realize now that I haven't been utilizing this amazing resource to it's fullest potential. Sure, there's the local library with a small collection of maybe 200 CDs, but you see, I've only checked music out of there twice in my entire life, and I've already exhausted their library of good music. Now the Port Huron Library...they've got a pretty awesome collection. I'd say they have at least 1500-2000 CDs in their collection, of which I've checked out 13 CDs in the past week alone. Including the other 7 I rented out from my local library, I upped my music library by 20 albums in less than a week. It feels so good...I'm such a music whore, I swear. To get a feel of what stuff I'm listening to, lemme let you in on the albums I checked out:

- The Information by Beck.
- Attack And Release, Chulahoma: The Songs Of Junior Kimbrough, The Moan, and Rubber Factory by The Black Keys.
- You Forgot It In People by Broken Social Scene.
- Galore (The Singles 1987-1997) by The Cure.
- Narrow Stairs by Death Cab For Cutie.
- Brushfire Fairytales, Sleep Through The Static, and To The Sea by Jack Johnson.
- The Legend Of Johnny Cash, Vol. II by Johnny Cash.
- The Animal Years by Josh Ritter.
- Phrazes For The Young by Julian Casablancas.
- Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky, and Oh No by OK Go.
- The Script by The Script.
- Room On Fire by The Strokes.
- Contra by Vampire Weekend.
- The White Stripes by The White Stripes.

Listen to them. I guarantee it'll feel like a lightning bolt striking the back of your head...if taking a lightning bolt to the back of the head felt like heaven, that is.

To close this blog entry, I'd like to make a shout out to my new best friend, Dil (xn0onestherex) who left the most intimidating blog comment ever. I was shaking in my boots, honestly! Tell you what Dil, I'll spare making you look like more of a dickless wonder and leave it at that, because I'm positive you're just a generic "tough-guy on the Internet" who has nothing better to do than take what I say to heart. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

To the rest of you, have a good one for me, alright?

kthnxbai <3

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how many of those CDs I've checked out in the past...

    ReplyDelete