I'm gonna just cut to the chase. Life's been...interesting, lately. I feel like I'm on a roller-coaster at the moment, never knowing when I'm gonna ride up to the top, and then come plummeting down. Don't get me wrong, I still consider myself to be coasting the fast lane to a successful future. I'm doing well in school, as always, I'm keeping my hobbies and work schedule balanced out, and I'm overall pretty happy about my life situation. I don't know though. It seems as though when my life has been all well and good for a long time, something comes along and knocks me down a couple pegs. Basically, fate's way of saying "Don't get too high and mighty." If you didn't already determine it, I got knocked down a few pegs last weekend.
My nephew (who is only several years younger than me) and my sister came down from northern Michigan to visit us, and everything was just peachy keen, and usual. To my excitement, I discovered that the stage production of "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street" was going to be done at the McMorran Theater in nearby Port Huron. After nearly wetting my knickers over this, I told my mom-lady about it, and she said it sounded like a great idea! We both were planning on going, and after we heard about my sister coming down for the weekend, we asked them if they'd like to attend. My nephew being an avid fan of Sweeney Todd as well, he was really looking forward to it.
Anyhoo, the night of the show came, and it was me, my nephew, and my buddy Charles driving to Port Huron. We decided to spend some time at the mall while the parents bought the tickets ahead of time so we could head right in when the doors opened. Everything seemed grand, I had found an amazing "Courage The Cowardly Dog" t-shirt at Hot Topic on clearance for only $9, and I was getting really pumped up for the show. Finally, the time came for us to head over to the theater. Then, it happened.
Pulling out of the mall parking lot into the driving lane, a car came flying as if from nowhere, and we collided, as I scraped up against the side of a 3rd car waiting in the turn lane. Luckily, all the people involved in the accident were perfectly fine, and the damage wasn't as bad as I expected. The owners of the two cars I contacted with were actually really nice folks too. I couldn't believe it, but it could have been way worse.
I'm not gonna go into any further detail, but I'll say this: I got really lucky with the whole ordeal. Unfortunately, due to the accident, we missed a good 45 minutes of the show, but we still managed to get in, and it was brilliant! Even being able to see a glimpse of the stage production was awesome enough! Kinda sucks about the car damage though. Dad and I are working on fixing it ourselves, but to give you an idea of what kind of damage I did, if I were to go in and get it fixed at an average auto shop, I'd be coughing up around $700+. Ouch, right?
I guess the moral of my story is, even though life throws me a curveball every once in a while, I'm doing my best to pick myself up and keep going. I'm showing no sign of weakness. Moving ahead is what's in my sights, and I don't intend on forgetting it anytime soon.
Well there you have it. Hope you enjoyed this little blog. I may post another update tomorrow, depending. We'll see how much I like you. Much love.

No comments:
Post a Comment